- What is Stormont? How long time
had it been governing NI? When was
its last day of functioning in the 70s?
- Who decided to “strip the
parliament of its power” – and why?
- How was NI then going to be
- How did the IRA respond to the
new situation? And the other side?
- Who called for a strike? What
was the consequence?
- What was Craig expected to do?
Why do you think this did not happen?
- Who followed Brian Faulkner as
official leader of NI?
- The Protestant side organized a
strike. How did the Catholic side react to direct rule?
- How long did the period of
Direct Rule last?
Cease-fire and Bloody Friday
- What was the result of the
attempt to call a cease-fire in March 1972? What was the consequence of
- Why did the IRA declare a
permanent cease-fire in May 1972?
- Who are the Provisonal
IRA? What did they want for accepting a cease-fire? Did they get the
- Why did the talks between the
IRA leaders and William Whitelaw end negatively?
- What was “Bloody Friday”?